Thursday, April 21, 2016

Don't Google the Answer ... Think First


I enjoyed this as it really challenged my reflex to pull out my phone and 'Googling' to find the answer about anything. I think Chris really has a point when he refers to our instant reflex to Google the answer when we want to know something. It is sort of like knowledge as fast food. A bit of a lazy way to get the answer quickly and correctly but it can be devoid of any process of any interest to make that happen. Usually we may not even try to think what the answer might be before we just refer to the ultimate volume of knowledge. And considering I am always promoting the importance of creativity and curiosity I feel like maybe I am behaving like a bit of a hypocrite. So next time I want to know something or figure out something I am going take up Chris's suggestion and do some thinking, however creative that might be, first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment